This page has instructions for searching the mitoYDNA data base for:
- Name - looks at the User last name and EKA last name of each kit
Location - looks at the EKA birth and death location of each kit
- Haplogroup - looks at Haplogroup of each kit
Query: - Query option
- Type: - the type of search field to find
Search: - the text for which you wish to search
Options: - Limit search to Y, mtDNA or Both (default) kits
- Equals - exact match to text entered
- Starts with - match the characters entered to the start of the field(s)
- Contains - finds the text somewhere in the field(s)
NOTE: Only the first 200 search matches will be returned in the results (to minimize server load).
The number of kits that match your search criteria is listed at the bottom of the page.
Wildcards are NOT accepted.
The search is case insensitive ('York' or 'york' will be returned).